Look at that hot chocolate! Has anything ever looked as enticing on this cold Winter's day? We think not. But it is made even more attractive (or perhaps more justified) by the fact that today is World Chocolate Day. That's right, today is the day when the globe observes an appreciation for the soother of all stresses, quencher of all cravings, the better-than-a-boyfriend treat known as chocolate.
To celebrate, we got The Grounds of Alexandria's Garden to share their mouth-watering dark hot chocolate recipe. And if you're trying to eat healthy, know that hot chocolate has a lot of healthy benefits. It has twice the antioxidants that red wine does, and it's Friday, so you were totally going to have a post-work glass of Pinot. Swap it for this stellar hot chocolate and you'll also skip the hangover!
- Hot Chocolate
- 750ml Full cream milk
- 250ml Full cream
- 300g Dark Belgian chocolate
- To Garnish
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate malt balls
- Toffee shards
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and melt in a saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- As chocolate begins to melt, pour in cream and milk, and gently stir with a whisk until well. Combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs to serve.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish.