Spring cleaning is a reality of adult life, but it doesn't have to be miserable. Fixer Upper star Joanna Gaines recently shared how she tackles the task on her blog. Her secret? Make it fun and focus on the reward. "There's no better feeling than coming home to a clean house — which is my motivation for my annual deep clean," she writes. Check out our six takeaways from Joanna's Spring-cleaning tips below and visit Magnolia Blog for the full post.
- Pick a Wide-Open Day: Spring clean on a day when you don't have anything else going on, recommends Joanna, such as a free weekend day.
- Get in the Zone: Joanna ramps herself up for the task ahead by tying on a cute cleaning apron, lighting a scented candle, and turning up the tunes.
- Clean Out Before You Clean Up: Before you even pick up a sponge, get out trash bags and fill them with everything you can toss or donate.
- Gather Supplies: Joanna doesn't want to waste time looking for the glass spray or dust rag, so she sets out all the supplies she needs in one spot ahead of time.
- Check Off Your To-Do List as You Go: Not only are to-do lists helpful, but Joanna also finds them extremely satisfying to check off as she goes. She's even created a super handy printable checklist so you can do the same.
- Reward Yourself: At the end of a long day of Spring cleaning, Joanna treats herself to something yummy or a relaxing hour or so in the hammock.