The October Blood Moon Wants the Zodiac Signs To Put Energy Into Their Relationships
October’s full moon is one of many names – hunter’s moon, sanguine moon, migrating moon, freezing moon, or blood moon. Like each month’s full moon throughout the year, it brings an ending and a new beginning. But it’s not just about the moon cycle – the full moon is a time for a change in your life as well. October’s blood moon is a time to focus on your relationships, for instance, among other things. We got the scoop from an astrologer on what you can expect your October to look like underneath the blood moon.
Why Is It Called the Blood Moon?
October’s moon is often referred to as the hunter’s moon, according to the Old Farmer’s Almanac. It was the time of year that hunter’s were signaled to go out and hunt enough to prepare for the cold season ahead. “Animals are beginning to fatten up ahead of winter, and since the farmers had recently cleaned out their fields under the Harvest Moon [in September], hunters could easily see the deer and other animals that had come out to root through the remaining scraps,” the almanac reads. It is thought that the hunting story behind the October moon is also why it’s sometimes referred to as the blood moon.
When Is the Full Blood Moon in 2022?
The full blood moon will be at its peak on Oct. 9, 2022, at 4:55 p.m. ET.
What Sign Is the Blood Moon in October?
October’s blood moon is in Aries.
What Is the Spiritual Meaning of the Blood Moon?
Yana Yanovich, an astrologer with the Nebula: Horoscope & Astrology app, shares that October is a time for focusing on relationships in your life. “Relationships will be actually the focus of this particular full moon in October 2022, not only because the sun will be in Libra – the sign of partnership – but also because it will be in a close conjunction with Venus, the planet of love and romance,” she says. “With the moon opposing it from Aries, the energy is about balancing your own emotional needs and the needs of the romantic partner, in addition to maintaining [other] relationships.”
What Does the Blood Moon Mean For Zodiac Signs?
- Aquarius: If you’re in a relationship, this should be a beautiful month for you. “This month can actually help to better understand your partner and strengthen the bond,” Yanovich says.
- Pisces: The blood moon is a signal for ending, but that may mean for you that you’re wrapping up an important project or time in your life. Yanovich suggests you celebrate it and prepare for the new month ahead.
- Aries: “Do your best to be respectful to your partner or love interest and listen to what they have to say,” Yanovich says. Keeping an open mind and an open ear will serve you well this month.
- Taurus: Your friends and family may be feeling this moon more heavily than you this month, which means it’s a good time to listen and be there for them.
- Gemini: Though it may be a tough month for many, Geminis will thrive under the blood moon. “The conflicts and disagreements that might be brought up during this time can be solved in a peaceful manner,” Yanovich says.
- Cancer: “If you’re single, this will not be a good time to start a relationship and it’s better to wait a few days till the influence is over,” Yanovich advises. It’s a month that can be in upheaval for you, and you won’t necessarily be in the right mindset for something new.
- Leo: You’ll be looking to keep the peace this month, which is a good thing. It’s a month to lay low and go with the flow.
- Virgo: The position of the moon in October will gloss over Virgo, Yanovich says, and the sun won’t necessarily bring any huge occurrences.
- Libra: Yanovich says that Libra is “likely to feel its destabilizing effect the most, especially if you have several planets in these signs.” It’s a month that may throw you off kilter but it will pass.
- Scorpio: It could be a free-flowing month for Scorpio, as you won’t feel some of the tension this moon usually brings.
- Sagittarius: You’ll find some conflict this month, but don’t let it get to you. Yanovich encourages Sagittarius to feed off this energy to get through the month.
- Capricorn: According to Yanovich, compromise will be key for you this month. Be ready to listen to those around you and not make waves if possible.
When Is the Next Full Moon?
The next blood moon is Oct. 28, 2023. The full moon following October 2022’s blood moon is November’s frost moon on Nov. 8, 2022.