How to Make Magnolia Bakery's Famous Banana Pudding at Home
While Magnolia Bakery might be known for its Sex and the City-approved cupcakes, the bakery’s creamy banana pudding is the real showstopper. If you haven’t tried it, trust us – this is going to easily become your new favorite dessert. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe can be made in no time. Follow this easy tutorial to make this delicious dessert, all in the comfort of your own home. Whether you want something sweet to indulge in after dinner or you want to surprise your family with a tasty treat, this Magnolia staple can be made by even the most inexperienced chef. We’ll see you in the kitchen!
– Additional reporting by Lauren Harano
- 1 1/2 cups water
2/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups heavy cream
1 (12-ounce) box vanilla wafers
4 bananas, sliced
- Mix together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until it sets up.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Working in thirds, fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well incorporated.
- In a trifle bowl, layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding mixture; continue until you’ve used up all the pudding mixture. Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes before serving.
- Desserts, Puddings/Mousse
- North American
- 12 servings