This Full Moon in Libra Limpia Ritual Will Bring Balance
Spring is here, and with it comes the first full moon of the season in the zodiac sign of Libra. Aries season can be intense, but this cardinal sign swoops in to balance things out. The Aries new moon kicked off the month of April, and energies were high, vibrant, courageous, buzzing with newness and even aggressive at times. Remember Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars?
Aries is also a cardinal sign or an initiator sign in the zodiac, but its aim for new beginnings can be quite forceful. So as the fire sign’s new-moon vibes were like a seed bursting through the soil with new growth and promises of a brighter tomorrow, the full moon follows with the opportunity to ease into the first steps and make things happen today. We can connect to the moon by incorporating the four elements into our lunar spiritual rituals. Therefore, limpias or a spiritual cleanse pair so nicely with full-moon work. With the limpia, you bring in the water element; the earth element is represented through the herbs and flowers you choose to use; air comes through the sage, palo santo or sweetgrass smoke; and the flame it took to ignite the sacred plant is the fire.
When we then bring in our focused intention and the emotions we feel associated with it, we create an energetic connection to everything within and around us. So get ready for the full moon in Libra to usher more balance and harmony into your life, remembering that your magic is the driving force.
When Is the Full Moon in Libra 2022?
The Libra full moon peaks at 4:57 am on April 17, but it won’t be visible until after sunset. For the maximum view, watch as the moon rises at sunset. It will appear to be closer and bigger at that time.
What Is the 2022 Full Moon in Libra Meaning?
The full moon in Libra is the first full moon of the spring season and is also known as the Paschal full moon, which is an important moon for those who celebrate Easter because it determines what date the holiday will fall on. This year, the Libra full moon is on Easter Sunday, April 17. This full moon is also known as the pink moon, but not because it takes on that hue. The moniker is connected to the early springtime blooms of Phlox subulata, a wildflower native to eastern North America. This flower was also known by the name moss pink, which is where the “pink” moon reference stems from.
Aside from the full moon’s name are the traits of the air sign for which it’s associated. Libra’s scales call for balance. It’s a good way to ease out of the intensity of the Aries new moon and give yourself a moment to rest. It provides you with the space to breathe and reap the rewards of all your hard work. Ruled by Venus, the planet of love, romance, money, art and pleasure, Libra inspires us to appreciate the beauty in all things. While Libras are action-oriented, the seventh zodiac sign is also all about balance and equality and can be great at resolving conflicts and being fair.
As you tap into your Libra traits, observe the lower vibrational emotions that may bubble up, like the fear of being disliked or not speaking your truth to avoid confrontation. Although you may want to be in balance and harmony with everyone and everything, it begins with yourself. When you align with your truth and purpose, you will find partnership and union with like-minded individuals with ease just by being authentically you.
What Is a Spiritual Cleansing Prayer?
A spiritual cleansing prayer is a prayer intended to spiritually cleanse you of stagnant or negative energy around and within you. It’s a personal conversation you have with the Divine. It’s a great way to begin any lunar ritual.
What Is the Spiritual Cleansing Prayer to Say in April’s Full Moon in Libra?
Under the Libra full moon, I call in balance, harmony and peaceful unions in my life and begin by loving myself and all that I uniquely bring to this human experience. May my love shine through, ushering in all that I desire with trust and gratitude.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Libra?
Justice — Libra is the astrological counterpart of the Justice card, both yielding scales symbolic of balance, fairness and harmony.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Libra?
The Heart Chakra acts as a bridge between the physical and spiritual. It is the source of emotional healing, which can produce more meaningful and stronger bonds with yourself and others. Get at the heart of what needs to be healed. Transmute the trauma into lessons, then release them.
Spiritual Cleansing Recipe (Full Moon in Libra Limpia)
- Sage or palo santo for pre-limpia cleansing
- Flowers: bluebells (Libra’s birth flower), red roses, hydrangeas
- Oils: clove bud, pine, rosemary, cedarwood, cypress
- Herbs: elderberry, thyme, St. John’s wort, bergamot
- Crystals: turquoise, blue topaz, peridot, rose quartz, amber
- Epsom salt and/or pink Himalayan salt
- Florida Water or Agua de Florida
- Begin by cleaning your space in the traditional sense, then use palo santo or sage or a combination of the two. If you’re using both, start with sage followed by palo santo. Sage cleanses the space, and palo santo locks in all the goodness!
- After you’ve physically cleaned and energetically cleansed your space, allow the smoke to waft around you from head to toe so your energy is fresh before your limpia.
- To create your limpia, add the herbs of your choice to a big pot of water, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Pray and give thanks to the herbs as you do this. Allow it to cool, then strain.
- Add the herb water to your bath, or you can simply pour it over yourself in the shower.
- If you’re dipping in the bath, you can add 2 cups Epsom salt and 1 cup pink Himalayan salt, mixing it into the water with your hands. Pray and give thanks to the water, the salt, the herb water you’ve added, and the interconnectedness of all the ingredients. Speak your intentions into the water.
- Add several drops of Florida Water and the oils of your choice.
- Add your choice of flower petals to the top of the bathwater. You can cover it completely with petals if you’d like.
- Place your crystals along the edge of the bathtub or somewhere nearby. If you’d like to create a little altar using your crystals, a candle, and the tarot card associated with Libra, you can place it in the bathroom where you can see it or in your living space where you’ll be after the limpia.