August’s Sturgeon Moon Gives Every Zodiac Sign an Opportunity For Gratitude
August may be a time for enjoying the summer sun, but it’s also a time to appreciate the sturgeon moon. This summer moon has a history rooted in nature, dating back to Native American legends from years gone by. But this moon also signals that it’s a time for appreciation and gratitude for what you have and where you’ve come from. Like all the full moons throughout the year, it can bring different things into your life if you’re open to it. Find out more about the sturgeon moon from an astrologer who has shared what it can mean for each zodiac.
Why Is It Called the Sturgeon Moon?
August’s moon is named after the sturgeon fish. According to The Old Farmer’s Almanac, August is a popular time for sturgeon to be caught in the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain. Though there were once plenty of sturgeon in the Great Lakes, and many different varieties, they’re much more rare now. However, their legend lives on through this summer moon.
When Is the Full Sturgeon Moon in 2022?
The sturgeon moon will be at its peak on Thursday, Aug. 11, 2022, at 9:36 p.m. ET.
What Sign Is the Sturgeon Moon in August?
The 2022 sturgeon moon is in Aquarius.
What Is the Spiritual Meaning of the Sturgeon Moon?
August’s sturgeon moon is a time for all of us to take a step back and really appreciate everything. Astrologer WaxyJo of Ask the Answer says, “This moon symbolises gratitude for the bounties of nature, and asks us to step in to the flow and appreciate the fruits of all seasons and the unique beauties of the cycles of life.”
What Does the Sturgeon Moon Mean For Zodiac Signs?
- Aquarius: It’s the month of love for Aquarius – regardless of your current relationship status. “For those who are settled, it’s a perfect time for a romantic, relationship healing break,” WaxyJo says. “For singles, a spiritual retreat or a busy social schedule will work in your favor.”
- Pisces: You’ve been putting your mind and emotions first, which is fine, but WaxyJo says it’s time to put your energy into your physical being as well. Take care of yourself this month by starting a healthy journey or trying a new workout.
- Aries: This is a month for Aries to let their creativity shine. “Your inner child is still full of wonderment for the beauty of life and the message of this moon is to embrace your innocence and joy,” WaxyJo says.
- Taurus: Let yourself feel connected to those around you this month, because you all have a lot to learn from others. “You understand the cycles and bounties of life more than most,” says WaxyJo. “This moon teaches you how to share your understanding with the people close to you.”
- Gemini: Take the time to speak with your loved ones this month and really make sure they know how important they are to you. “This moon brings out the sentimentality in you,” WaxyJo says, making this moon the perfect time to shower love upon those around you.
- Cancer: Be true to your inner self this month, Cancer. “This moon asks you to nourish yourself on the inside and to nurture all that serves your body and your emotional health,” WaxyJo says.
- Leo: It should be an incredible month for Leo. Embrace yourself and let your light shine. WaxyJo shares, “Shine on and share your joy, your bubbly life force energy, and your vibrancy with the world. You were born to make others happy. Know your worth and your unique beauty.”
- Virgo: It’s time to stop doubting yourself, because WaxyJo says Virgos need to trust their instincts, especially this month. “You are more intuitive than you know, and your wise counsel is of great help to others.”
- Libra: Take a careful look at who you’re surrounding yourself with this month. “Celebrate your friends at this time, and ensure that you surround yourself with those whose spirits light you up from within,” WaxyJo says.
- Scorpio: This is a time for you to shine, Scorpio, you just have to have confidence in yourself. “Success, and even fame are within your grasp at this time,” WaxyJo says. “Believe in your brilliance!”
- Sagittarius: Take that trip you’ve been considering, or at the very least, give yourself a break. Your body, mind, and soul need a bit of respite, and now’s the time for it. “You are at your happiest when you have the freedom to be spontaneous and discover new ideas and lands,” WaxyJo says.
- Capricorn: Whatever you’ve been wavering on, it’s time to make a decision, and you should go with your gut. “Get yourself in balance and listen to your inner voice,” WaxyJo says. “This is your key to success.”
When Is the Next Full Moon?
The full moon following August’s sturgeon moon is the harvest moon on Sept. 10, 2022. The next sturgeon moon is on Aug. 1, 2023.