This Full-Moon-in-Cancer Limpia Will Honor All Your Emotions
We begin the year 2023 with the Full Moon in Cancer during Mercury Retrograde. So, to say the year kicks off with heightened emotions would be an understatement. It’s a great time to brush off any residual energy weighing you down from 2022 and embrace every part of yourself to ride this wave of emotions smoothly. Swimming against the current isn’t going to get you far. Honor what is coming up for you in the early days of this New Year, understanding that while this cardinal water sign may cause you to feel more sensitive, it also heightens your intuition. Listen to the messages the Universe is trying to communicate with you. And be extra careful with your words and thoughts since Mercury Retrograde can cause static in communication, blocking a clear reception.
Relax into this full moon, remembering that this is a time of release and letting go. Naturally, our humanness often wants to resist change or the removal of things that no longer serve us from our lives. But this cycle of release and renewal is an extremely important part of a balanced life. We are ever-evolving beings. When we try to stop change from happening, we limit ourselves and our fullest potential.
Bring in the New Year with intention. What are the things internally that you want to change to better reflect who you really are in the world? What are the limiting patterns and thoughts you’re gripping so tightly it’s making it difficult to truly release? Connect with the Cancer Full Moon and speak out loud the things you want to change or release and let go of once and for all. It’s the perfect time as Cancer is ruled by the Moon, which represents our emotions and intuition, as well as our unconscious mind. Lean into the femininity of our lunar companion and consider your childhood and relationships with maternal figures in your life. When necessary, mother yourself and your inner child wounds.
When is the Full Moon in Cancer?
The Full Moon in Cancer peaks on January 6 at 6:08 pm EST. Stargazers will be able to see the full moon the night before and likely after its peak.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Cancer Mean?
Cancers are extremely emotional and intuitive. Tap into your vulnerabilities even if your sun sign is not Cancer. Like the crab that represents this sign, effortlessly moving between water and land, we too can find balance in emotional expression and groundedness. It’s also a good time to check in on not only your self-love but how you’re projecting love to others in your life. Cancers are nurturing and loyal, and often very protective of loved ones. Tap into your strong sense of knowing to understand what you need and how you can share love and support with others.
Don’t ever forget that your mind and thoughts help to shape your physical world. So, although the Cancer Full Moon may bring many emotions to the surface, allowing lower vibrational emotions to flow while igniting thoughts of love and peace will help to balance your energy.
What is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say for January’s Full Moon in Cancer?
Dear God, please give me the strength to honor all my emotions and recognize the ones that help to lift me up and allow for growth. I am not afraid to express my emotions, be vulnerable and let go. With this full moon, I shed old skin so I can truly create the space I need to elevate, embracing the lessons along the way. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So, be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Cancer?
The Chariot – Cancer may be sensitive, but that passion ignites the flame within to flow through our emotions and hit the ground running, knowing we hold the reigns to our lives.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Cancer?
Third Eye Chakra – The sixth chakra is considered the center of the soul. It gives us the ability to see things much more deeply than with our two physical eyes, which mirrors Cancers’ strong intuitive qualities.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe (Full Moon in Cancer)
Sage and palo santo
Pink Himalayan salt and sea salt
White flowers (a go-to is white roses, but any white flower will do)
Parsley, chamomile, aloe, and lemon balm herbs
Patchouli and/or frankincense essential oil
1. Buy yourself some beautiful white flowers and allow their natural beauty to shine once you enter your space. Place them somewhere you can easily see them so they continuously share vibrations of beauty and peace with you as you prepare your limpia space.
2. Physically clean your space first, and then get into the spiritual cleansing with some sage followed by palo santo smoke. As the smoke wafts around your room, imagine it cleansing any negative and stagnant energy that’s trying to stick around. Thank the herb and sacred tree for their cleansing properties, which helps to acknowledge their spirit.
3. Now, let’s begin putting your limpia together. You can prepare it in a bowl and pour it over your body in the shower, or soak your feet in it. If neither is available to you, try soaking your hands in the limpia. The main thing is that you connect to the water and the ingredients that you’ve chosen for your limpia.
4. Start by filling your bowl with warm water, and then add 1-2 cups of pink Himalayan salt, ½ cup of sea salt, and several splashes of Florida Water.
5. Mix the ingredients into the water using your hands as you pray, sing, chant, and speak your intentions. What is it that needs to go? What are you shedding?
6. Next, add several drops of essential oil, and mix it with your hands.
7. Add a few good handfuls of herbs, and top it off with white flower petals. Save some of the flowers for your vase. You may need only one or two to have enough petals for the limpia.
8. Create an altar in your limpia space, which includes a silver candle, representing the color of the moon, and your white flowers. You can place your moonstone with the candle and flowers to symbolize the energy you’re working with under the Cancer full moon.
Relax, release, renew.