7 Ways to Snag the Best Deals This Amazon Prime Day
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. POPSUGAR has affiliate and advertising partnerships so we get revenue from sharing this content and from your purchase.
Don’t worry if you’ve never heard of Amazon Prime Day 2023 because we’ve got all the details, including some of our favourite hacks on how to make the most of it, below.
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual sale that runs for 48 hours (but longer for Australians because of the time difference). Although we don’t know exactly what will be on sale — as is often the case with these big online sale events — we do know that last year’s Amazon Prime Day was EPIC; so we have some big expectations for this year’s event, too.
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2023?
The dates for Amazon Prime Day 2023 haven’t been confirmed just yet. But based on the dates of last year’s sale, we predict it will run from Tuesday, July 11 at 12am until Wednesday, July 12 at 11:59pm.
We will update this article with more details as they are finalised.
As mentioned before, because of the time difference you’ll likely be able to shop international deals from the UK and US on the Amazon Global Store, until 14 July 5pm AEST, which effectively gives you 65 hours of access to deals outside of Australia.
What Brands Are Taking Part in Amazon Prime Day?
The real question here is, what won’t be on sale? Amazon stocks everything from tech to wellness, fashion and beauty, to music, homewares and lifestyle brands.
During the last Amazon Prime Day, we saw deals from Apple, Mattel, Bosch, Bose, Garmin, GHD, Instant Pot, Lego, Lenovo, North Face, Nintendo, Oculus and Samsung. On top of that small Australian businesses like Melbourne-based Orbitkey, Brisbane-based Nakie and regional Victoria-based Doggie Balm offered up some savings on best-selling products too.
“Prime Day 2021 marked the biggest two days for small local businesses on Amazon.com.au at the time and we are excited to be putting them front and centre again through our Shop Local Businesses Store this year,” says Janet Menzies, Country Manager for Amazon Australia.
What Are Some Tips for Shopping the Amazon Prime Day Deals?
What a great question! Please see below for our seven top tips to make the most out of the Amazon Prime Day Sale.
Sign Up to Amazon Prime
For starters, to unlock the deals, you’ll need to sign up for Amazon Prime, which you can do on a 30-day free trial basis (if you’re new to the streaming service). Once you’re in, you’ll receive full access to the deals, free delivery on local and international Prime-eligible items, as well as a subscription to Amazon Original series on Prime Video, which features a plethora of bingeable shows like Luxe Listings Sydney, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and The Boys.
Once your free trial ends, you have the option of keeping your subscription with month-by-month or yearly payments. You can cancel at any time.
Curate a List
When shopping on a platform as far-reaching as Amazon, it’s easy to get carried away. Our advice would be to write a list of all the things you want and need, then sort them in order of priority. That way, when you venture into the (good) madness that is the Amazon Prime Day Sale, you know exactly what you’re looking for.
Research Before You Buy
This is just generally smart shopping advice, but always do some research before you buy, to see the item’s price and reviews at other online retailers. Just because it’s on sale on Amazon, doesn’t mean it’s the best deal for that specific product.
Shop Smarter, Not Harder
You can use this opportunity of the Amazon Prime Day Sale to shop smarter, but prioritising those bigger, more expensive items; because that will most likely be where the best deals are. With heaps of big brands — especially in tech — taking part, now’s the time to buy that new laptop, phone or airpods that you’ve been needing for months. You can knock a few of those big items off the list guilt-free, with some of the biggest discount margins being found within the big brands taking part in the Amazon Prime Day Sale event.
Create Personalised Deal Alerts
You can download the Amazon app, which allows you to ‘create deal alerts’ so that once Prime Day starts, you’ll receive push notifications about deals on your recently-reviewed items and recommended items based on your recent searches.
Buy Directly From Amazon
Where possible, it’s best to buy items directly from Amazon.com.au (as opposed to a third-party seller, which you’ll see labelled as such), as Amazon keeps a far better eye on its own inventory than it does on its third-party sellers. Items that Amazon sells directly, are more likely to arrive as advertised and qualify for free two-day Prime shipping. Buying items that Amazon manages directly makes returning items heaps easier too, with customers being able to get refunds for defective items without even having to return them. Ultimately, it makes the whole experience more seamless and more likely to guarantee that the product is exactly what you ordered.
Don’t Trust Every Review
While Amazon’s 5-star review system is there to make choosing products simpler, it can easily be manipulated by a third-party company (another reason to buy directly from Amazon). If you’re looking at an expensive product from a company you’ve never heard of, or if you come across an item with thousands of super glowing reviews; it can’t hurt to do a bit of sleuthing.
ReviewMeta is an excellent tool to help you spot deceptive reviews. All you need to do is plug the item URL in and it will give you a report. It won’t divulge the product details, but simply give you Just plug in an Amazon URL and it’ll give you a report. It won’t tell you how good a product is, but it will give you a hint at whether a lot of reviews are fake or suspicious.
Amazon Prime Day Deals 2023
Below, we rounded up the sales from last year that we can hopefully expect to see again this Amazon Prime Day 2023. We’ll update this list as more information is released on the upcoming sale. Watch this space, more deals coming soon!
The Best of Amazon Prime Day 2022
- Save up to 60% off RRP on select Sennheiser Headphones.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Bosch Lawn Mowers.
- Save up to 40% off RRP on select The North Face Jackets.
- Save up to 40% off RRP on select Woolcomfort Merino Wool Quilts.
- Save up to 50% off RRP on select Calvin Klein Men’s & Women’s Underwear.
- Save up to 40% off RRP on select Yamaha audio and home theatre bundles.
- Save up to 35% off RRP on select Breeders Choice Cat Litters.
- Save up to 50% off RRP on JBL Quantum 300 Gaming Headset.
- Save up to 40% off RRP on select Philips Shavers, Trimmers and Sonicare toothbrushes.
- Save up to 45% off RRP on select Instant Pot Multi Cooker
- Save up to 32% off RRP on select Samsung Smartphones, Tablets, Wearables and Monitors.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Philips TVs.
- Save up to 25% off RRP on select Sony 4K Bravia TVs.
- Save up to 55% off RRP on select JBL speakers and headphones.
- Save up to 50% off RRP on select Razer gaming gear.
- Save up to $600 off RRP on select XGIMI and JMGO Projectors.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Asus Monitors and Networking.
- Save up to 40% off RRP on select Sony headphones, soundbars and DVD players.
- Save up to 47% off RRP on select GARMIN smartwatches.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select HP Printers.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select LG Ultrawide and Gaming monitors.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Binoculars.
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select SanDisk and WD.
- Save on select Anker accessories.
Homewares and Home Appliances
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Bosch products.
- Save up to 35% off RRP on select BLACK+DECKER and STANLEY Products.
- Save on select Philips Hue smart lights.
- Save on select Eufy smart home products.
- Save on select ASAKUKI Oil Diffusers.
- Save on select ECOVACS Robot Vacuums Cleaners.
- Save on select iRobot robot vacuums.
- Save on select Philips Kitchen range.
- Save on select Coleman Tents, Sleeping Bags, Camping accessories and more.
Home Cleaning and Pantry Staples
- Save on select Laundry Detergents from Omo and Comfort.
- Save on select Fairy Dishwasher tablets.
- Save on select Ajax Eco cleaning products.
- Save on select Vitamins from Cenovis, Nature’s Own, Ostelin, Blackmores, Berocca and more.
- Save on select Nutritional Favourites from Quest, Atkins, Cliff, Grenade & Bounce.
- Save on select T2 Tea.
- Save on select L’OR, Harris and Moccona Coffee.
- Save on select wines from Penfolds, St Hubert’s, Pepperjack, 19 Crimes, Wolf Blass, Squealing Pig and More.
- Save up to 71% off on select cookbooks.
- Save up to 64% off on select Fiction Books.
- Save up to 60% off on select Champion Womens, Mens and Childrens apparel.
- Save up to 40% off on select The North Face Apparel, Shoes, Luggage and Accessories.
- Save on select CRZ YOGA pants.
- Save on select GHD styling tools.
- Save on select skin care brands like Neutrogena, Aveeno and Sukin.
- Save on select beauty favourites from L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline, Garnier, NYX and Thayers.
- Save on select OPI Nail products.
- Save on select active skin from La Roche-Posay.
Family – Kids, Babies & Fur Babies
- Save up to 30% off RRP on select Trunki suitcases.
- Save on select Barbie Dolls and more.
- Save on select Action Figures including Transformers, Star Wars, Marvel and more.
- Save on select Infasecure Baby Car and Booster Seats.
- Save on select favourites from Tommee Tippee.
- Save on select BabyLove Nappies and Wipes.
- Save on select Baby Jogger products.
- Save on Pet Food & Treats from Felix, Fancy Feast, Greenies, Purina Supercoat, Pro Plan and More.
- Save on Pet Essentials from Breeders Choice and Tidy Cats.
- Save on Select Cubo Ai Baby Monitors
- Save on select Furbo Dog cameras.
- Save on select Zenify Pet products.
Read More: POPSUGAR Shopping
- 11 Picnic Rugs Perfect Backdrop For Your On-the-Ground Spread
- Create the Perfect Necklace Stack With These 6 Tips From A Jewellery Expert
- The Best Serums to Naturally Grow and Strengthen Your Lashes
- These 9 Statement Jewellery Pieces Will Take Your Neutrals to New Heights
- 7 Australian-Owned Activewear Brands to Level Up Your Next Workout