After mums started creating breathtaking #TreeOfLife breastfeeding photos, mamas-to-be started getting in on the social media craze by celebrating their baby bumps with non-traditional maternity photos that are beyond stunning. The new trend in pregnancy photos takes bump selfies and transforms them into works of art that showcase a mom's connection with her growing baby.
The photo app, called PicsArt, has editing tools that allow these glowing mamas to show the life that they are creating in either a sonogram or realistic style, and they are sharing the stunning results with the hashtag #BabyInBelly. Just like with the breastfeeding masterpieces, these meaningful photos can be turned into keepsakes and permanently capture this special time in a whimsical and unexpected way.
Each finished image is unique and can be created in minutes. Here's how to make your own PicsArt maternity photo:
- Download the free PicsArt app.
- Upload your favourite pregnancy photo.
- Insert your favourite sonogram or baby photo and position it over the bump.
- Use the eraser tool to remove the baby photo's edges and change the opacity to your liking.
- Use the "magic" button to select the effects and filter you like best.
- Share your unique creation!