As much as we hate to admit it, nothing brings girls together like discussing guys — or more specifically, the little things guys do in the early stages of dating that drive girls crazy. Rare is the girl who will dissect a text from a guy she's been seeing without an audience. And have you heard the story about the girl who navigated the whole start-of-a-relationship phase without consulting anyone? She's a myth!
OK, to be fair there are some girls who are unfazed by the games guys play when it comes to our hearts, but more often than not it's a confusing time that leaves girls with more questions than answers.
So what do we do about this? We go straight to the source: men. And that's exactly what we did. We quizzed our male colleagues to give us their honest thoughts on the following five early dating scenarios:
- When he doesn't text back. (So, you're dating and he chased after you, and then he got you, but now he won't reply to a text.)
- When he doesn't want a serious relationship right now. (So . . . what's going on?)
- When you haven't had The Talk after two months. (Are we a thing? Who should bring it up? Will we seem clingy?)
- When he seemed really keen at the start and then cooled off. (OK, so you finally got me — now what? Is it the thrill of the chase?)
- When he makes big promises/plans for the future and then drops off the face of the earth.
(So what does it mean if he talks about plans in the not-near future? Things like children and holidays?)
Read on for what they had to say — their responses were enlightening, that's for sure!