POPSUGAR Australia is one of the biggest and most influential women's lifestyle publications in the country. By combining data, technology and storytelling, we deliver inspiring and informative multi-platform content across entertainment, fashion, beauty, wellness, parenting, sex and more. We help women everywhere to look good, feel good, do good – to live more fulfilling lives every day.
We are looking for a strong content and creative mind to bring new energy and excitement to our entertainment offering. Working flexibility when needed across our brand platforms and guided by our Managing Editor, this role will break relevant entertainment news, cover trending TV shows live, mastermind viral hits and write additive stories about the pop culture moments that will go on to define a generation.
Our ideal candidate will be an engaging writer with a strong hold on spelling, grammar, SEO, data analysis and platform publishing, who can independently use these tools and touch points to create positive and additive content for women who love to be entertained. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
This is a permanent, full-time position located in Sydney. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Content Ideation & Execution:
- Break relevant news and secure exclusives for the brands
- Cover key TV shows live as they happen on POPSUGAR (*see adaptive working hours)
- Use data to create on-brand, original and engaging TV and entertainment stories daily across POPSUGAR verticals
- Strategically market this content out on brand platforms
- Localise and publish content from US partners
- Support production and promotion of POPSUGAR Australia's podcast, POPCAST
- Continuously ideate content that drives brand awareness, audience growth and engagement
- Photo and product research
Produce weekly newsletter
- Produce original and engaging platform content for, but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter
- Track and optimise referrals from brand platforms
- Grow audience and engagement across all brand platforms
Candidate Profile and Skills
Min. 3 years of experience writing for digital audiences
- Ability to pitch original and engaging story ideas led by data
- Strong grammar, research, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to calmly write fast, accurate copy and meet rolling daily deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – must be a team player with a resourceful, can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Firsthand experience with daily publishing in a CMS
- Firsthand experience using Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of SEO and platform publishing
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Familiarity with POPSUGAR
- Relationships with industry press teams and celebrity publicists
- GIF / social video editing skills
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com