There's nothing worse than a carpet that doesn't smell fresh, especially when it's a wall-to-wall rug. You can't pick it up and give it a shake or a quick shampoo. Instead of investing in a steam cleaner, sprinkle homemade dry carpet cleaner around your abode, which will clean and freshen your carpets. And this eco-friendly cleaning concoction is made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, is safe to use around children and pets, and leaves carpets clean, soft, and refreshed.
Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- Sprinkle-top container
- Measure and add the ingredients to a blender. Baking soda helps freshen and break down dirt build-up. Bay leaves and cloves scent your rugs while offering antibacterial cleaning power.
- Pulse on low until the carpet cleaner has an even consistency.
- Pour the dry carpet cleaner into a sprinkle-top container, which you can pick up at your local dollar store. Sprinkle generously over carpet, and let sit for at least two hours or overnight.
- Vacuum your carpet, and enjoy. Remove tough stains with the help of this homemade carpet cleaner.