Did you know Queen Elizabeth II has never worn a pair of jeans? That she has a designated staff member with the same size foot as her to wear her shoes in? Or that she sent an email back in 1976, before most of the world had even heard of the Internet? She patrons over 600 charities, is the only person in England allowed to drive without a license and once demoted a footman for giving her corgi whiskey. This long weekend is in celebration of her 89th birthday (although her actually birthday was in April) — in case you're wondering how to fill it, we've got 18 great ideas.
2. Take your guy to see the new Entourage film so he can fantasise about what life would have been like if his best mate's acting career really had taken off.
4. Spend some quality time on your couch reliving one of your favourite TV shows or binge watching one you've never seen on Netflix. Personally, I recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, because Kimmy is a total #girlboss and the theme song makes you want to dance all over your living room.
6. Have some fun and plan a playful date for you and your guy.
7. Spend some time working out how to get the most from your annual review.
8. Catch the last few nights (and lights) of Sydney's Vivid Festival.
9. Finally learn how to braid your hair.
10. Stock up on winter jumpers and avoid spending the next few months complaining that you have nothing to wear.
12. Spend some quality 'me' time upping your "O" game.
13. Try something a bit different and glamourous with your hair or makeup for date night.
14. Take our Four Month Throw-Away Challenge and finally rid your home of all the things you really don't need.
15. Play Cards of Humanity with your friend who's overseas, 'cause that's totally a thing you can do now with this clever online app.
16. Catch up on the week that was ruled by the reveal of Caitlyn Jenner.
17. Polish your resume or get prepped for your next job interview.
18. Just stay in bed and look at these adorable cats.