Toothpaste is another one of those versatile household items with a lot of uses. The cavity-fighting ingredients make it especially useful when it comes to cleaning. Curious to know how else you can use toothpaste other than keeping your pearly whites clean? Here are some suggestions:
- Soothe skin. If you're suffering a minor itch, soothe it with some toothpaste. Remember to test the toothpaste on your skin first to make sure it doesn't get irritated.
- Polish fingernails. Your nails are made out of the same material your teeth are — enamel. Brush your nails just like you would your teeth, and you may find them a little brighter after regular cleaning.
- Remove stains. If there's a stubborn stain on surfaces such as your carpet and wall, try using some toothpaste and scrubbing the area with a toothbrush.
- Deodorise hands. If you need to get a smell out, try using toothpaste to clean the area. For example, eating crab can be messy and stinky for your fingers, so wash the smell off with some toothpaste.
- Shine jewellery. Clean your jewellery gently with some toothpaste foam, then wash it off with water. Works for gems and metals.
- Defogger. Defog reflective and transparent surfaces like mirrors and goggles by smearing a thin layer of toothpaste on them and wiping it off. For goggles, be sure to rinse it off.
- Clean shoes. Clean your sneakers or nice leather shoes by brushing them gently with toothpaste and wiping it off with a damp towel.