Join POPSUGAR Australia at the Ben & Jerry's Openair Cinema Bondi on Monday January 30 for a screening of Dirty Dancing. Use the code popsugar at checkout for 15 percent off your tickets! Click here for more.
Ah, the Australian Summer. That heady time when there's sand all through your car, someone is always up for an after-work beer and you've eaten more Pine Lime Splices than you care to remember.
Every Summer is a great one, but to help make sure that this one is even better, we've compiled the ultimate Summer checklist. Print it out and put it on the fridge, send it to your SO/housemates/girl gang or get your independent lady on and set off on some solo adventures.
Don't forget your sunblock, and we recommend always having your swimmers and a book in your bag should an urgent swim in the ocean be required. Because perhaps the best thing about Summer is all that opportunity for ocean therapy. Yes, we think it's a thing.
Tick off every Australian Summer experience you've had, and bookmark the rest.
- Made a Summer house party play list that included "Throw Your Arms Around Me"
- Eaten a Bubble O'Bill (as an adult) and didn't enjoy the bubblegum nose as much as you did as a kid
- Had fish and chips on the beach for dinner
- Gathered your girl gang and watched a retro movie at the open air cinema
- Caught a fish
- Spent hours fishing but didn't catch a fish
- Got so horribly, soul-crushingly sunburned and swore Never Again
- Spent an entire sunny day binge-watching Netflix with the aircon on
- Discovered "your drink" of the Summer and then subsequently had it at every social occasion
- Found a friend with a beach house and loved them for life
- Wore nothing but your swimmers and a sarong for an entire day
- Ate a mango in the bath
- Visited one of Australia's iconic "big things" and took an ironic photo in front of it
- Did the perfect cartwheel on the the beach . . . and nobody saw it
- Read a book under a tree and remembered the joy of simple things
- Dragged the same book to every beach trip and never finished it
- Gave up blowdrying your hair and embraced the curl
- Had a steamy Summer romance
- Went on a water slide and it was as fun as you remembered it
- Danced all night after a "just one drink" session with your gang escalated
- Bought and floated on at least one inflatable pink flamingo in a body of water
- Ate ice cream for dinner because it was too hot to cook
- Declared that this was your Best Summer Yet on Instagram