I don't know about you, but my mouth is watering just thinking about this Banoffee Torta recipe. Our friends over at Fratelli Fresh recognised that it was time to take our iso-baking to the next level by attempting this delicious creation, so they kindly shared their recipe . . . You're welcome!
- 4 x 395g tins sweetened condensed milk
300g unsalted butter, chopped
750g digestive biscuits
50g hazelnut praline paste (optional)
½ vanilla bean, split & seeds removed
600ml thickened cream
75g castor sugar
4 bananas, sliced
200g 70% dark chocolate, curled
- Place tins of condensed milk in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on a very low heat for 5 hours, making sure to keep tins covered with water. Remove the tins and cool in fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter either in a small saucepan over low heat, or in a bowl in a microwave. Add hazelnut praline paste (if using) and mix to combine.
- Blitz biscuits in a food processor until finely crumbed. Add melted butter and mix to combine.
- Add biscuit crumb to a loose-based flan tin and press mixture into the base of the tin until it is nice and compact. Place tin in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up.
- Use a piping bag and thick nozzle (size 20) to pipe caramel over biscuit base, piping in a circle, starting from the centre. (Or spoon caramel over the biscuit base if you don’t have a piping bag).
- Add vanilla seeds and sugar to the cream and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Remove banoffee torta from the tin and transfer to serving plate. Pipe or spread the cream over the caramel, then decorate with banana and chocolate swirls.
- Serves 8-12