If you're anything like me, you'll take any excuse to have a cheeky margarita, even better if it's a spicy one. And what better excuse than a new delicious spicy margarita recipe courtesy of our friends over at Panama House in Sydney on World Cocktail Day?
Oh, and their hot tip: Ancho Reyes Verde is a liqueur that uses ripe green poblano chillies. It's earthy and spicy and adds a layer of complexity to the drink, that when you combine with just the slightest note of the cilantro leaves, makes it spicy but really fresh at the same time. Not like other, overly-spicy margaritas that need to use a lot of sugar to balance out.
- 45mls Arette Reposado
15mls Ancho Reyes Verde
5mls Jalapeño Juice (juice jalapeños using juicer)
20mls Lime Juice
7.5mls agave syrup
2-3 cilantro leaves
- Add all ingredients to shaker
- Add ice and shake until chilled
- Rim cocktail glass with habanero salt
- Add large ice cube to cocktail glass
- Double strain cocktail over ice and serve, garnished with jalapeño slice
- Total Time
- 2 minutes, 59 seconds