Ice cream, egg yolks, and sugar. That's all you need to whip together this decadent crème brulée that already has me feeling restaurant-level fancy. Made by Shef Shaquille on TikTok using a Tasty recipe, this low-effort crème brulée uses vanilla ice cream as its base ingredient. Ice cream typically consists of cream, salt, sugar, and eggs, the primary ingredients required to make a crème brulée. For a supereasy version of this classic dessert, here's what you need to do:
Note: For each serving of crème brulée, you will need one egg yolk, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, pour hot water into a baking pan and let the pan sit in the oven while it preheats.
- In a bowl, combine the melted ice cream and egg yolks using a fork or whisk. Pour the mixture into greased ramekins.
- Make sure there is enough hot water in the pan from step one to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins once you set them in the water. Bake the crème brulée for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Once the crème brulées are done baking, let them cool to room temperature before covering each one with cling film and refrigerating them for at least two hours.
- After the crème brulées have set, put a clean saucepan over medium low heat and caramelize some sugar, using one tablespoon of sugar for each serving of crème brulée. Let the sugar harden for a minute and grab a spoon to crack into your very own restaurant-worthy dessert.
Even if I'm not dressed to the nines in a fancy restaurant (and actually curled up on the couch in the same hoodie I've been wearing for two weeks), I have a feeling this sumptuous treat is going to make me feel truly extravagant when I try it out for myself. See the full video here, and try the recipe for yourself next time you pop open the freezer.