Is anyone else already drooling just looking at this decadent chocolate tart?! Good because I'm already writing a shopping list. This delicious dessert comes to you courtesy of foodie Leah Itsines, who recently teamed up with Maille Mustard to release a Plant Based Exploration recipe e-book that's filled with mouthwatering meat-free recipes.
You can also make this recipe completely plant-based by using a dairy-free pastry and dairy-free chocolate.
Scroll for the recipe.
- 1 pastry flan pan (or 8 mini pastries), baked blind
½ cup coconut cream
200g cooking chocolate or dairy-free chocolate
¼ cup coconut oil 5 medjool dates
½ cup strawberries (extra for topping!)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Melt the chocolate with the microwave until melted and combined.
- In a large blender, add the chocolate mixture, coconut cream, dates, strawberries and mustard. Blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry pan and place into the fridge to set.
- Remove, top with strawberries and serve.
Tip: Choose a dairy-free pastry and dairy-free chocolate for a plant-based dessert.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 2 hours
- Total Time
- 2 hours, 9 minutes, 59 seconds