Too soon? Never! Secret Santa is arguably one of the best holiday traditions, but if your friends aren't meeting in advance to pick a name out of a hat, get help from a tool that promises to keep the names a secret. Here are the best ones on the web.
- Elfster will organise your party and gift exchange. As the organiser you set up the exchange, input money limits, sign up and exchange dates, and create an invite to send to guests. Once they accept and all guests are accounted for, Elfster "draws" names and then emails your guests letting them know who they need to shop for.
- Secret Santa Random Name Generator selects names for a Secret Santa group and automatically sends participants an email. All you need to share are email addresses, the number of presents for each participant, and names of the participants.
- Sneaky Santa delivers more than a cute name. The site lets you virtually draw names for your group, set up gift rules, and send an anonymous message to the participants. The design is a little old school, but you can customise your site with a picture, which means you have an excuse to Elf Yourself or Scrooge Yourself again!
- Draw Names saves group information, so you can draw from the same group of people again and again. There is also an option to input your wish list and view the wish list of the person you've selected.
- Secret Santa Generator lets you add rules (like person A can't pick person B), which is useful when two people live in the same household or your group doesn't want to pick the same people as last year.