Regardless of what your New Year's resolution was for 2018, I'll bet that Alexa may be able help you in more ways than one. In addition to being readily available for weather forecasts and smart home controls, Alexa can also help you become fitter, smarter, and more organized. Your Amazon device is capable of more than you'd ever expect, so take advantage of all it can do for you. Below, see 10 of our favourite Alexa tips that can help you finally get your life together.
For Organization and Productivity
Always losing track of time or forgetting to do things? Alexa makes a fantastic personal assistant! Stay on top of all your to-dos and appointments without ever having to lift a finger.
- "Alexa, what's my schedule for today/tomorrow?" Know exactly what to expect from the day ahead. If you want to make any changes to your calendar, ask Alexa to delete an event or to email someone to move a meeting.
- "Alexa, set a reminder to _____ in __ hours." With Alexa to help you stay on top of tasks, you'll find it difficult to procrastinate. You can also get creative with your commands by asking her to remind you to get ready for bed by a certain time, call your parents, or whatever else you want to improve on.
- "Alexa, add _____ to my list. Whether it's your to-do list, grocery list, or bucket list, Alexa can keep all your ideas in one place for easy reference.
For Fitness and Self-Care
You've got your own personal trainer right in the comfort of your home. Whether you're looking to squeeze in more workouts or prioritize your mental health, Alexa's got you covered.
- "Alexa, let's work out." Choose from a variety of exercises, including a five-minute plank workout, a seven-minute workout, or a random workout. Alexa will guide you through each move and tell you the amount of repetitions to complete.
- "Alexa, help me sleep/relax." Alexa can help you wind down or drift off with soothing noises like rain, crackling fireplace sounds, ocean waves, and more.
- "Alexa, open guided meditation." Start your practice with a six-minute "Soften and Relax" meditation or other short exercises that will lead you to a peaceful state.
For Learning New Skills
Extend your knowledge of the English language or learn something new altogether. You'll be well on your way to becoming an even better version of yourself, thanks to Alexa.
- "Alexa, open Rosetta Stone." Finally learn that new language you've been wanting to for years! You'll get trained on all the basics, from greetings to ordering your favourite food and drink.
- "Alexa, what's my Flash Briefing? Enable the Word of the Day skill to expand your vocabulary. You'll learn uncommon words, their definitions, and examples of how to use them in a sentence.
- "Alexa, open Cat Facts." Get fun facts about felines whenever you want.
- "Alexa, open Curiosity." Alexa can share interesting facts with you surrounding subjects of history, art, science, and technology.