Instagram users constantly face one dilemma: having too many photos to share and not wanting to flood their friends' feeds. The solution? Photo collages. While there are numerous apps that offer collage layouts, for some you'll have to pay (no, thank you) and others, although free, look kind of . . . tacky. We tried out several apps and narrowed it down to the ones that offer the best layouts and special effects for a collage you won't be embarrassed to share.
- Moldiv: Create unique collages or magazine-like masterpieces in the Moldiv app. Add text, backgrounds, or speech bubbles, and then export into the Camera Roll or social media platforms. This app is great for those who desire the crisp, clear collages suitable for blogs or websites.
- Layout From Instagram: Custom layouts automatically appear when you open up the app. Just drag or drop your photos to rearrange them, pinch to zoom, or pull the sides of each photo to adjust its size. Once all your photos are in place, hit save and several upload options pop up. You can then export into Instagram or share the photo collage across all social media platforms. The Layout app also includes a photo booth for spontaneous snaps.
- Photo Grid: For users who want more options than just creating a simple collage, Photo Grid offers tools such as video slides, photo editor, and pin board to create a customized, memo-like collage. For the video slides, you can add music, transitions, and even borders. After the piece is complete, share it on Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, or Google+.
- Fuzel: Equipped with beautiful and special layouts, Fuzel offers easy photo editing tools. Once you've selected the photos you want (it can be one photo or 100!), you can add fun stickers and special effects to the collage. Then tap on "save to device," and you can share online via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Pic Stitch: Choose from over 245 different layouts and then tap on the layout you've chosen to import photos from your Camera Roll, Facebook, or Dropbox, or take a new photo. The options to edit your photos range from special effects to frames to memes. Once you're satisfied with your collage, it can be exported to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.