John Oliver might have said it best when he described why New Year's Eve is the worst holiday . . . so many high expectations, and it's nearly always a disappointment. These 11 people know what he's talking about thanks to past celebrations gone oh so wrong. So no matter what your plans are this year, feel better by knowing they probably can't get any worse than this.
1. The guy whose New Year's Eve shot looks like this.
My New Years shot. Cant wait for midnight so i can drink it and pass the hell out. Cheers to being sick! (Again) #worstnewyearsever
A photo posted by Tommy Trevino (@tommyt87) on
2. The girl whose mum needs to find a new birthday, stat.
3. The dude with a smokin' midnight kiss.
Got my Midnight kiss all lined up #NewYearsFail
A photo posted by scottyfuckinknows (@scottyfuckinknows) on
4. The girl who tried really hard but then said, "Eff it."
ehh close enough #newyearsevefail #cottoncandy #champagne #Pinterest
A photo posted by Laura Beltran (@l0r_uhh) on
5. Hilary, who really should have just walked.
6. Dare, who had it worse than Hilary.
7. This smarty pants.
8. Jo, who forgot science.
9. This person, who didn't listen to Jo's advice.
A photo posted by Thurman Pursley (@tcpursley) on
10. Ashley, who was probably more drunk than she realises.
11. This girl, who better be ready for some awkward convos.
That's awkward #newyearsfail #whatshisnameagain @kyraemily @dawnexox
A photo posted by Kendyl Peters (@keendyl) on
12. This girl, who will forever hate jalapeño poppers.
Welp, going out with a bang. I decided to make jalapeño poppers and touched my face. Then I began panicking, stripped off all my jalapeño infested clothes, found some of my roommates milk (it was expired and I'm lactose intolerant) and began pouring it on my face. It didn't feel better so I grabbed cream cheese (from the poppers) and desperately smeared it everywhere. But hey it's doing better now. Its kinda like symbolism for my year. #2014 #neveragain
A photo posted by Sam Thomas (@whooompthereitis) on