If you love sending reactions on Facebook other than a simple "like" or one of their universal emojis, you're going to love their newest feature: personal avatars! They're basically little cartoon versions of users, and are meant to mirror your every feature, from hair colour and shading to eyebrow shape and thickness, as well as body shape and clothing preferences. Once you make one, you can then use the digital design to react and respond to any posts across Facebook. You can send yours with messages, digital props, and varying expressions to all of your friends to show a more intimate response. So, if you're interested in creating your own, head into your Facebook app and follow the steps ahead.
- Open up or download the Facebook app. The avatars are created via the app and not the desktop platform, so log in through your IOS or Android phone (both work similarly) and click on the three little horizontal lines on the bottom right of the screen. This will take you to an explorer page with your settings, pages, friends, support, and pretty much everything else you can personalize. From here, you will select the "See More" option and click on "Avatars."
- Get started. You'll notice the app will welcome you to "A New Way to Be You on Facebook," and after you tap on "Next" and then "Get Started," your options for character designs will pop up from the base (like skin tone and facial shape) to features (like nose shape and facial hair).
- Customise your avatar. You can add even the smallest of details to your avatar, like facial lines, complexion aesthetic, and eye shape. Once those features are chosen, you can alter the hair and outfits for your person. If you wear glasses, you'll have options for frames, as well as staple fashion accessories.
- Save and publish. When you're done creating the perfect image of yourself, click the check mark at the top right corner of your screen, select "Next" if you like the final product, and then tap "Done."
- Enjoy using the avatar in comments and messenger. You'll notice a little smiley face icon on the right on your messenger text box, which is where you can find a variety of stickers of your avatar for nearly any occasion. Share your stickers with your friends and bombard everyone on your timeline with cartoon love!