Get ready to open your wallet once again and give money to Apple. The company is expected to announce a new addition to the iPhone family in March. Wondering why so soon? The new product, dubbed the iPhone 5SE is meant for people who don't want to switch to the larger 6 and 6S phones. As of now, nothing is totally confirmed but keep reading to find out what rumours are going around for this iPhone.
- Small screen: According to the latest rumours from 9to5Mac, iPhone 5SE, will be a four-inch model. To compare, the iPhone 6 and 6S have a 4.7 inch screen.
- No 3D Touch: The feature, found on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, will not be available on the iPhone 5SE according to a report from Yahoo.
- Camera additions: 9to5Mac reports that the newest iPhone will have an 8 mega-pixel rear facing camera and a 1.2 mega-pixel front facing camera — the same specifications found on the iPhone 6.
- Touch ID and Live Photos: Both features will be coming to the iPhone 5SE suggests the International Business Times. This should appease plenty of people, who might be upset about the lack of 3D Touch. Currently, live photos only exists on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- Apple Pay: The nifty, mobile payment service is arriving to the phone as well, reports 9to5Mac.
- Colours: Japanese site Mac Otakara claims that the new iPhone will be available in the colours silver, space grey, and hot pink. Yes, you read that right — a much brighter colour than the rose-gold found on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- Storage: MacRumors also believes that the iPhone 5SE will only be available in 16 and 64 GB models.
- Price: No final word on a price point, but MacRumors thinks one of the phone models could start to retail at US$560.
Is Apple making a move in the right direction? Let us know how you feel about all these rumours in the comments!
- Additonal reporting by Ann-Marie Alcántara