The Couples Who Have Called it Quits on Married At First Sight 2022
The commitment ceremonies on Married At First Sight happen once a week, but the intensity is enough to stay with you for a couple of days.
Every Sunday, each couple faces the three experts where they discuss their issues and concerns in front of the other brides and grooms. Before this though, they have to decide whether they want to stay or leave the relationship.
There is a catch though. If one person writes leave while the other says stay, they both need to remain in the experiment for another week.
So let’s take a look at the couples who have called it quits on Married At First Sight.
Holly and Andrew
Are we surprised? If anything, we’re relieved that Holly is now free from Andrew’s abusive behaviour. Their time on MAFS was certainly not an easy one, but things really exploded after Andrew stormed out of the dinner party and walked off the set.
When he didn’t show up to the Commitment Ceremony, expert John Aiken revealed that the Texan had bowed out for good. “[Andrew] has decided not to be a part of the experiment any longer,” he said.
Holly, who was at the ceremony alone, read out a heart-wrenching letter to the entire group, saying how she was “silenced” by Andrew.
“Andrew took my voice, and he silenced me. This is my voice, and believe me, I am here right now to speak for the people who in a relationship have been silenced and who are not believed,” she said.
She then stated that she has decided to leave the experiment, making her and Andrew the first couple to leave MAFS.
Selin and Anthony
It’s been a tough week for Selina and Anthony, with the latter telling experts that things went spiralling at the Dinner Party.
“There were a few sticking points that I couldn’t get past,” Anthony said, adding that he’s “really tried”.
He looks back at the tense moments, saying Selin wasn’t able to think of anything she likes about him and how she can’t ignore the fact that he puts his feet on the coffee table.
Selin also admitted to feeling no connection and according to the two of them, there’s no point taking this relationship further.
Anthony wrote “leave” and Selin wrote, “I’m done”.
Kate and Matt
It was quite obvious from day one that Kate and Matt were not going to last. With Kate not being very receptive to Matt’s physical affection, the two were surrounded my tension.
But the dealbreaker for her was Matt’s drunken night out. The both of them decided to leave and exited the experiment.
Carolina and Dion
We all know what a mess Carolina and Dion’s relationship has been. Everything has been playing out in front of the cameras and the only ones who were oblivious to Carolina cheating were the participants on the show.
The bride chose to have an affair with ex-MAFS groom Daniel, leaving Dion feeling lost and broken. In last night’s commitment ceremony, Dion chose to leave, and because Carolina failed to show up, it was assumed she wanted nothing to do with him any more.
Sam and Al
Oh, Al. The lovable trickster made a place in everyone’s hearts during his time on the show, except for the woman he wanted most — Sam. After weeks of trying to make the relationship work, Al finally let Sam go last night.
Admitting that he had strong feelings for her, Al knew it was the right thing to do and the two parted ways amicably. Despite being slightly immature, we’re sure he’ll find his happily ever after soon, and we can’t wait for the day he does.
Married At First Sight airs at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.
Want more MAFS goss? Check out the stories below:
- This is Exactly How Much Married At First Sight Contestants Get Paid
- Screaming, Tears and a Shoey — Here’s What to Expect from Married At First Sight 2022
- Can’t Get Enough of Married At First Sight? Here’s Where to Follow the Cast on the ‘Gram
- If MAFS’ Selina Looks Familiar, it’s Because You’ve Seen Her on Another Reality Show
- After a Failed Marriage, Domenica is Ready to Find Love Once Again on Married At First Sight
- She Hasn’t Been in a Relationship for 9 Years, But Will Ella Find Love on MAFS?
- Al Has Never Been in a Relationship, But He’s Determined to Find Love on MAFS
- Meet Selin, the Single Mother Who is Hoping to Find Her Dream Man on Married At First Sight
- Anthony Is a Pro-Wrestler With a Lot of Love to Share, But Will He Find The One on MAFS?
- Brent Has a Foot Phobia But That’s Not Going to Stop Him From Walking Down the Aisle on MAFS
- You Asked, We Answered: Are the Marriages on Married At First Sight Legal?