Gelato King Donato Toce Stirs Up the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
Get ready for yet another delicious episode of “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises“. Last week, we were treated to the presence of Chris Hemsworth‘s personal nutritionist, Sergio Perera, and Melbourne‘s hospitality royalty, Shannon Bennett. But this week, we have an exciting newcomer taking the reins as a guest judge. Say hello to the gelato king himself, Donato Toce!
The bottom three cooks from the Mystery Box challenge will face a Pressure Test set by first-time guest judge Donato Toce, the Head Chef at Messina. Toce will put our hopeful home cooks to the test as he challenges them to replicate his version of the nostalgic Viennetta ice cream cake, the Messina Messinetta.
Let’s take a closer look at this culinary maestro and his journey in the world of food.
Who Is Donato Toce?
Donato Toce is the culinary genius behind Messina, one of Australia’s most-loved gelato brands. You’ll know if you ever stumble across a Messina with the tell-tale line out the front. With his impressive background in Melbourne’s food scene, Toce made his mark as the head chef at the renowned A Tavola in Darlinghurst before fate led him to the doorstep of Messina. As luck would have it, Messina’s first store was just across the road from A Tavola, and it wasn’t long before Toce became best buddies with Nick Palumbo, Messina’s founder.
Their friendship ignited a creative collaboration that would shape Messina’s extraordinary gelato offerings. Toce’s imagination and flair introduced unique and sometimes wild flavours to the Messina menu. Who could forget the Pavlova flavour that he first introduced? Even today, it remains one of Messina’s most-loved and sought-after treats.
Does Donato Toce Own Messina?
Donato Toce is one of the four co-owners of Messina. The brand was originally founded by Nick Palumbo in 2002, and his brother Danny Palumbo joined as Head of Operations in 2006.
Toce, known for his creative prowess, became Messina’s Chief Creative Chef when he joined the company in 2008. The fourth owner, Declan Lee, a former physiotherapist turned DJ, brings his expertise in branding, marketing, and music curation to Messina, creating a unique and immersive experience for customers.
Can You Buy the Messina Messinetta?
While the Messina Messinetta may be a highly sought-after treat, unfortunately, it is currently sold out. However, fans can sign up to be notified of any re-releases, ensuring they don’t miss the opportunity to indulge in this limited edition masterpiece.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition