Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Break Up After Six Years Together
Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn have split after six year together, Entertainment Tonight has reported. Speaking to the publication, a source said, “The relationship had just run its course. It’s why [Alwyn] hasn’t been spotted at any shows.” People later confirmed the breakup.
Swift’s Eras Tour kicked off on March 17 and runs through Aug. 9, with Alwyn’s absence being noticeable given the star-studded lineup attending her shows, including Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Chloë Grace Moretz and more.
The news comes off the back of a report from People that Alwyn would be travelling with Swift when he could make it to her concerts. The source told the outlet, “Joe will travel with her when he can.They are great together. Joe is super supportive of her career.”
Swift marked the start of her tour with the release of four new songs, and she’s dazzled fans with symbolic manicures, outfits designed to match each of her albums, and a few surprise songs each night. The tour has been a coveted event since Swift announced it, even sparking lawsuits against Ticketmaster after fans struggled to obtain presale tickets. Issues aside, Swift has promised international stops to come.
Swift and Alwyn reportedly met at the Met Gala and started dating in 2016. They chose to keep their relationship private, though Swift has dedicated many songs to their romance. Alwyn helped Swift write some of the songs on “Folklore” and “Evermore” under the pseudonym, William Bowery.
Neither Swift or Alwyn are yet to speak about the breakup publicly.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship