The Challenge Australia: Will a Potential Romance Distract Olympic Swimmer Emily Seebohm?
Originally a spin-off from historic, game-changing reality shows The Real World and Road Rules, The Challenge has grown into one of the most popular and long-running competition shows of all time. Thanks to its ever-changing format and variety of players with influential followings, the show has earned a rabid fan base that follows the game’s inevitable twists and turns.
And now, in 2022, we have The Challenge Australia, hosted by the charismatic sports commentator Brihony Dawson.
The Challenge Australia will see 22 of Australia’s biggest names across the entertainment, sports and reality worlds descend on Buenos Aires, Argentina, and into the most unpredictable and demanding game of their lives.
Challengers will be randomly paired to clash head-to-head in extreme physical contests, test strategies, and survive eliminations and cut-throat alliances to win challenges and eliminate their opponents. And if that wasn’t enough, they’ll also have steamy hook-ups, messy exes and fractured friendships to navigate. We’re living for the inevitable drama!
With a whopping $200,000 cash prize and a ticket entry into the first ever The Challenge: Global Championship, only one female and one male competitor will have the perfect combination of physical, mental, and social skills to reign supreme.
One of the challengers on The Challenge Australia 2022, Olympic-medalist Emily Seebohm.
Emily Seebohm is one of Australia’s most celebrated swimmers, having won an incredible 56 medals on the world stage and representing Australia with such power and passion.
We saw another side to her when she joined the cast of I’m A Celebrity.. Get Me Out Of Here!, where we fell in love with her realness, compassion and humour. We know she’ll bring those upstanding qualities, plus her athletic abilities, to The Challenge Australia.
“I have been the biggest fan of The Challenge for a few years,” she says in a press statement, “and ever since watching it, I have wanted to be a part of it! I love anything that makes me push myself and to see what I can do; so this was right up my alley.”
Currently competing alongside Married At First Sight alum Ryan Gallagher, the two are believed to be involved in a romantic relationship. Although neither has confirmed (or denied) said rumours, it’s certainly adding a little bit of spice to the already-spicy reality show.
Emily, however, is not just here for romance.
“Not many people train as much or as hard as I do, so I feel like that gives me an advantage,” she says. “My biggest strengths in The Challenge Australia are definitely my athletic strength and endurance.”
But will a budding romance distract her? Only one way to find out.
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenge Australia goss? Check out the stories below:
- “He’s the Liar”: The Challenge’s Audrey on the Cheating Scandal, Her Boyfriend and Ciarran Stott
- Everyone Who Has Gotten the Boot So Far from The Challenge Australia
- Get to Know The Challenge Host Brihony Dawson — Australia’s First Non-Binary TV Presenter
- Konrad Bień-Stephen Opens Up About Facing Brooke Blurton on The Challenge
- “I Didn’t Know ANYONE!”: Big Brother Winner Marley on Meeting His Fellow Challenge Contestants
- “They’re Pretty Conniving, That Bachelor Lot”: Australian Survivor’s Johnny Spills on The Challenge
- Australian Survivor’s Brooke Jowett Was “Not Prepared At All” for the Drama of The Challenge
- These are the Famous Faces That Will Compete on Channel 10’s Newest Show, The Challenge
- “Em Is a Beautiful Girl”: The Challenge’s Ryan Gallagher Addresses Emily Seebohm Dating Rumours