“The Office Australia”: Your Ultimate Guide to the Aussie Spin-Off
Have you heard the news yet? We’re getting an Aussie edition of “The Office“. That’s right, a version of the sitcom (though by different creators) is setting up shop Down Under, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Production for “The Office Australia” is finally kicking off in Sydney this June, bringing us a whole new dose of workplace hilarity.
The anticipation is building as fans eagerly await the announcement of the Australian equivalents of the iconic characters, Michael Scott and David Brent. And the lucky actor stepping into those shoes is none other than the talented comedian and actor, Felicity Ward.
Felicity takes on the role of Hannah Howard, the delusionally optimistic manager of a paper company. Renowned for her performances in “Wakefield” and “The Inbetweeners 2,” will infuse “The Office Australia” with her unique comedic flair. With her sharp wit and impeccable timing, she’s sure to make the character of Hannah Howard an unforgettable addition.
Who Else Will Star in “The Office Australia”?
Alongside Felicity Ward, the show boasts an incredibly talented ensemble cast. This includes:
- Edith Poor, “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power,” “The Power of the Dog”
- Steen Raskopoulos, “The Duchess” and “Feel Good”
- Shari Sebbens, “The Sapphires” and “Thor: Love and Thunder”
- Josh Thomson, “How to Please a Woman” and “Young Rock”
- Jonny Brugh, “Thor: Love and Thunder” and “What We Do in the Shadows”
- Pallavi Sharda, “The Twelve”
- Susan Ling Young, “Reckoning and “Hungry Ghosts”
- Raj Labade
- Lucy Schmit
- Firass Dirani, “Underbelly” and “House Husbands”
What Is “The Office Australia” About?
“The Office Australia” follows Hannah Howard, the managing director of the packaging company Flinley Craddick. When she receives the devastating news from Head Office that her branch will be shut down, and everyone will be forced to work from home, Hannah goes into full survival mode.
She makes outrageous promises to her “work family” in a desperate attempt to keep them together. As the staff of Flinley Craddick indulges her, they find themselves embarking on a wild and hilarious journey, navigating Hannah’s outlandish schemes while striving to meet impossible targets.
“The Office Australia” Start Date
Produced by Bunya Productions, “The Office Australia” is slated for an exclusive release on Prime Video. Fans can look forward to an eight-part series, scheduled to hit screens in 2024.
Sarah Christie, senior development executive at Prime Video Australia, expressed her excitement over the announcement.
“We are thrilled to bring one of the biggest comedy franchises ever made to Prime Video customers in Australia and around the world,” she said in a press release.
“It’s an honour to continue the international comedy legacy of ‘The Office’ while introducing new, quintessentially Australian characters. We can’t wait for audiences to meet Hannah Howard, the first female boss The Office format has explored.”
As we gear up for this Aussie twist on the beloved sitcom, it’s difficult to predict the reception it will receive. The original British version, released in 2001, garnered a dedicated following. But it was only renewed for two seasons with six episodes each. However, the American adaptation struck gold. It ran for nine seasons and launched the careers of stars like Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Mindy Kaling, Rainn Wilson, Ellie Kemper, and Ed Helms.
Will “The Office Australia” capture the hearts of viewers? Only time will tell. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for more updates on this exciting adaptation.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship