The Traitors: Hostage Negotiator Nigel Has a Competitive Edge
If you ever jumped on the Among Us craze a few years back, you need to tune in to Channel 10’s latest reality series, The Traitors.
The competition sees a group of 24 players, known as Faithfuls, live together in a hotel, where they will take part in challenges in the hopes to walk away with $250,000.
They’ll also need to figure out who amongst them are actually Traitors in hiding.
There’s a lot on the line because if a Traitor manages to make it to the end undetected, they take home the entire amount. However, if a Faithful is able to expose a Traitor and get rid of them before the final vote, they have the option to take all the prize money or share it with their remaining Faithful.
50-year-old real life hostage negotiator Nigel is one of our Traitors this season, which means our Faithfuls are up for a real challenge, especially because before the series premiered, Nigel said that he was looking forward to playing as a Traitor.
“I think you have the ability to control the game a little bit more and as the Traitors come together, you create a bit of a pact and work together on who to target,” he said.
Not only does Nigel have experience working as an extortion response consultant, he’s also had a lot of experience dealing with some incredibly difficult situations.
While Nigel works as a consultant now, he used to be a photojournalist who worked in war zones, and was once held hostage in Somalia for 460 days, until his family paid USD $675,000 ransom to free him. In comparison, the intensity of The Traitors must be like child’s play.
The experience, Nigel said in a press statement, taught him that he’ll “do anything to survive” and that he can handle anything that comes his way, and they’re just two of the lessons he’s planning on taking into the game with him.
“I will not be telling anyone about my history, that would be like suicide,” Nigel said. “If people worked out I was a hostage negotiator, they would probably find that quite intimidating and not a skill set people would want in the game.”
Will Nigel be successful and score the $250,000 prize? There’s only one way to find out!
The Traitors airs at 7.30pm, Sunday – Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Traitors’ goss? Check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who Has Gone Home So Far on The Traitors
- The Traitors: Champion Chess Player Jack Is 10 Steps Ahead of His Fellow Competitors
- We Asked Rodger Corser How Far He’d Get in The Traitors
- The Traitors: Fiona Is Strategic, Smart and Determined to Win
- The Traitors: Teresa Has a Superpower Up Her Sleeve
- The Traitors: Midy Hopes He’s a Faithful
- The Traitors: MK Is Used to Calling Out Liars
- The Traitors: Ethan Is Ready to Push Some Barriers
- The Traitors: There’s More Than Meets the Eye With Dirk
- The Traitors Is a New Game Show That Will Keep You On Your Toes — Here’s How to Watch