The Traitors: Paul Can Spot a Liar From a Mile Away
If you ever jumped on the Among Us craze a few years back, you need to tune in to Channel 10’s latest reality series, The Traitors.
The competition sees a group of 24 players, known as Faithfuls, live together in a hotel, where they will take part in challenges in the hopes to walk away with $250,000.
They’ll also need to figure out who amongst them are actually Traitors in hiding.
There’s a lot on the line because if a Traitor manages to make it to the end undetected, they take home the entire amount. However, if a Faithful is able to expose a Traitor and get rid of them before the final vote, they have the option to take all the prize money or share it with their remaining Faithful.
61-year-old financial investigator Paul isn’t just competitive, he’s also taught the literal FBI and CIA how to suss when someone’s lying to you via their body movements, verbal and non-verbal communication. It’s safe to say he’s going to be a major threat to our Traitors when they start lying!
“You don’t win silver, you lose gold. That was always what my parents taught me,” Paul said of his competitive nature, in a press statement.
Having worked as a financial investigator for over 30 years, Paul has plenty of experiencing sniffing out liars. One thing he has very little experience with, though? Lying!
“I’m not allowed to lie at work, if I was to lie, I would lose my job and my licence,” Paul explained. “But that’s why I’m in this game, all bets are off and now it’s my turn.”
While Paul is ready to play hard and lie when necessary, he’s also planning on relying on a good social game to get him through.
“You get more bees with honey,” he said. But while he’s hoping others will come to trust him, he’s not planning on doing the same.
“As far as I’m concerned, you trust nobody,” he said.
Will Paul make it to the end and nab the $250,000 prize? There’s only one way to find out!
The Traitors airs at 7.30pm, Sunday – Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Traitors’ goss? Check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who Has Gone Home So Far on The Traitors
- The Traitors: Champion Chess Player Jack Is 10 Steps Ahead of His Fellow Competitors
- We Asked Rodger Corser How Far He’d Get in The Traitors
- The Traitors: Fiona Is Strategic, Smart and Determined to Win
- The Traitors: Teresa Has a Superpower Up Her Sleeve
- The Traitors: Midy Hopes He’s a Faithful
- The Traitors: MK Is Used to Calling Out Liars
- The Traitors: Ethan Is Ready to Push Some Barriers
- The Traitors: There’s More Than Meets the Eye With Dirk
- The Traitors Is a New Game Show That Will Keep You On Your Toes — Here’s How to Watch