Tim Dormer Reveals the Mistake That Left Him Locked Out of the Big Brother House
Getting locked out of the house is one of those things that happens to the best of us. You’re in a rush, you forget your keys, and the second the door closes, you have that split-second flash of your keys sitting pretty on the bench, on the other side of the now-locked door.
What you probably wouldn’t expect to happen, however, is getting locked out of the Big Brother Australia house. But that’s exactly what happened to Tim Dormer this season, and we’re not talking about his eviction!
While chatting with POPSUGAR Australia after said eviction, we — being the sneaky gossips we are — asked for a secret, something no one else knows about the Season 13 winner’s time on Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders.
“Ooooh, that’s a good one!” Tim mused. “Let me think!”
Tim went on to explain that as the early riser of the house, he was “often the first to wake up”.
“I walked through to the bathroom one morning, and there’s a whole heap of doors around the house that are always locked, that go back into the camera run,” he explained, adding: “I guess it’s where Big Brother comes through the night to eat all our leftovers in the fridge!”
“But one morning I woke up and the door in the bathroom to the outside world was open!”
Reader, if you’re at all familiar with the one and only Tim Dormer, you just know there was no way he was going to let that opportunity slide, so of course, he went exploring.
“Guess what: it slammed shut behind me!!!” he exclaimed. “So I was stuck outside the Big Brother house, freaking out, I didn’t know what to do.”
After “exploring this maze of camera runs” that sit behind the walls of the Big Brother house, Tim realised there was indeed a way to fix the situation.
“I grabbed my microphone and I spoke into it like ‘Big Brother, oh my goodness, I’m so sorry, I’ve been locked out of the house, I didn’t mean to, it was an accident, how do I get back in, help me!’” he said.
As it turns out, though, all’s well that ends well for our favourite master strategist.
“They quickly sent someone back around and Big Brother made me swear not to tell the other housemates that it happened,” he said, adding: “I think he was a bit embarrassed that it happened, that he forgot to shut the door!”
“It would’ve been funny if this made the air but it was actually a big breach of the rules,” he said.
While we may have missed out on some iconic shenanigans like this that were left on the cutting room floor this season, Tim hopes that we did get to see a “wiser” and “maybe a little bit softer” version of him than in his original season.
“I was just really happy to come back and put on a show for [the fans of the show”, he said. “I’m a game player, but at the end of the day I love entertaining and I hope the fans enjoyed watching and I hope that we can continue the relationship, and that they’ll follow my new podcast and that this isn’t the last that you’ll hear or see from me!”
Tim’s new podcast The Big Mouth is available now.
Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders airs Monday – Wednesdays at 7.30pm on 7 and 7 Plus.
Want more Big Brother goss? Check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who Has Been Evicted From Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders
- Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders: Get to Know Johnson Ashak, a Big Brother Superfan
- Meet the Intruders Set to Shake Things Up on Big Brother: Royalty vs New Contenders
- What Does the Term ‘OG’ Mean on Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders?
- Trevor Butler Won a Million Dollars After Winning Big Brother — Now, He’s Back to Make History
- “Made Me Look Like a Psycho” — Evicted Housemate Josh Slams Big Brother For His Bad Edit
- When Is Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders On? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Layla Subritzky Has Returned to Big Brother Australia — and This Time, She’s In It to Win It
- Farmer Dave Is Back to Win Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders
- The Cast of Big Brother Australia 2022 Features Some Very Familiar Faces
- Where to Follow The Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders Housemates on Instagram
- Take a Look Inside the Brand New Big Brother Australia House
- For Reggie Bird, Life After Big Brother Has Been No Walk in the Park — But She’s Back to Win
- Tully and Drew are Reuniting on Big Brother Australia — Let’s Breakdown Their Relationship
- Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders: Meet Ex-Model, Josh
- He’s Always Watching, But the Question Is, Who Is the Man Behind Big Brother?