French Manicures Are Having a Moment at the Cannes Film Festival
Another year, another Cannes Film Festival and all of the glamorous beauty moments that come with it – like Helen Mirren’s blue hair and Dua Lipa’s swooping bangs. May 23 marks the eighth day of the prestigious event, and whether it’s for a red carpet or an afterparty, some of the world’s biggest stars are showing up dressed to the nines, right down to their fingertips.
French manicures have been a clear favorite at the event this year, and with good reason. The classic nail look has stood the test of time and made its way into the nail rotation of some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. Though many spinoff versions have been born, most of the french tips at Cannes were nothing but traditional in the signature white-and-pink color combination. Jennifer Lawrence paired her version with diamond jewelry and a bright red gown, Dua Lipa used hers to complete a classic Old Hollywood glam moment alongside a french-twist hairstyle, and Jennie Kim proved baby french nails can still stand out.
Just like the milk-bath manicures also seen at the festival, french tips have taken on a life of their own and been the catalyst for other minimal looks. Because you can never have enough french-manicure inspiration, take a look at some of the best versions of the trend we’ve seen at this year’s Cannes Film Festival ahead.
Read More POPSUGAR Beauty
- These Vitamin C Products Are the Secret to Glowy Skin
- What to Know Before Trying the Copper Hair Colour Trend
- These 13 Lipsticks Are the Perfect Dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk
- Slay Or Nay: The Viral Beauty Trends of 2023 (and Whether They’re Worth Trying
- 16 of the Best LED Masks in Australia and Exactly What Each Light Does for Your Skin