Miranda Kerr at the 2023 Met Gala: A Love Story
For the event, Kerr wore a bedazzled, A-line dress with a diamond choker. In line with the fairytale feel of the outfit, she wore her hair in a big bun with two loose pieces of hair framing her face. She completed her beauty look with a dark lip, rosy cheeks and heavy mascara.
This year, the Met Gala celebrates the life and work of controversial fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, best known for his 36-year tenure at Chanel, where he became one of the most influential and recognisable figures in the fashion industry.
Kerr, who started her career on the cover of Dolly magazine and rose to fame and supermodel status when she donned Angel Wings for Victoria’s Secret, has a longstanding relationship with the designer and brand. Lagerfeld supported Kerr’s transition from her bikini and lingerie-clad Victoria’s Secret career to the world of high fashion. She walked for Chanel on numerous occasions between 20 11 and 2014 and wore an ironic Chanel bikini for i-D magazine in 2017.
Last year, Kerr’s beauty looked skewed toward classic old Hollywood. While it wasn’t quite the “gilded age”, her white Oscar de La Renta gown, sleek low bun and red lipstick were a nod to 1950s screen sirens of the era.
This year, she’s gone for something a little edgier.
Read More POPSUGAR Beauty
- These Vitamin C Products Are the Secret to Glowy Skin
- What to Know Before Trying the Copper Hair Colour Trend
- These 13 Lipsticks Are the Perfect Dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk
- Slay Or Nay: The Viral Beauty Trends of 2023 (and Whether They’re Worth Trying
- 16 of the Best LED Masks in Australia and Exactly What Each Light Does for Your Skin