Before Tuning in to The Challenge, Get to Know the Rules of the Game
2022 has been the year of reality TV. From Married At First Sight reaching new levels of chaos (which we didn’t actually think was possible), to a ton of new shows being introduced, such as Hunted and The Traitors, there hasn’t been a dull moment in sight.
Now, an exciting new competition is being added to the roster: The Challenge Australia.
Hosted by Brihony Dawson, the series sees 22 of the nation’s biggest reality stars compete in several physical challenges, all while living under the same roof.
Up for grabs is a huge $200,000 grand prize, but to get there, they’ll have to face the ghosts of their past and conniving contestants.
“The Challenge Australia is going to be throwing twists and turns at these celebrities,” Brihony says. “They’re going to have to dig deep to have any chance of making it to the final.”
If you’re already familiar with the show but confused about how it works, then let us break it down for you.
In every episode, contestants will pair up to compete in a challenge. The team who comes in last automatically goes into the elimination round, where they will go head-to-head with another team that the winners hand-picked.
After facing off, the losing team will be sent home, and the remaining team awkwardly rejoins the group that tried to kick them out.
Obviously, things are a bit more complicated than they seem. After every elimination, The Challenge Australia uses an algorithm to repair the contestant’s relationships. Meaning the person who tried to send you home could soon become your biggest ally.
Pair that will all the drama that takes place inside the house, The Challenge is seriously one big mind game. From hookups to temper tantrums, nothing is off limits, and it makes for some seriously good TV.
Who will win the $200,000 and have the opportunity to represent Australia in The Challenge World Championships? We’ll have to wait and find out.
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenge Australia goss? Check out the stories below:
- “He’s the Liar”: The Challenge’s Audrey on the Cheating Scandal, Her Boyfriend and Ciarran Stott
- Everyone Who Has Gotten the Boot So Far from The Challenge Australia
- Get to Know The Challenge Host Brihony Dawson — Australia’s First Non-Binary TV Presenter
- Konrad Bień-Stephen Opens Up About Facing Brooke Blurton on The Challenge
- “I Didn’t Know ANYONE!”: Big Brother Winner Marley on Meeting His Fellow Challenge Contestants
- “They’re Pretty Conniving, That Bachelor Lot”: Australian Survivor’s Johnny Spills on The Challenge
- Australian Survivor’s Brooke Jowett Was “Not Prepared At All” for the Drama of The Challenge
- These are the Famous Faces That Will Compete on Channel 10’s Newest Show, The Challenge
- “Em Is a Beautiful Girl”: The Challenge’s Ryan Gallagher Addresses Emily Seebohm Dating Rumours