Bask In the Beauty Of the DualSense Edge PS5 Pro Controller
PlayStation took to the Gamescom stage to announce the DualSense Edge, a new wireless controller for the PS5 that’s all about customisation. It’s the first-ever high-performance controller they’ve made, and fans are understandably keen to get their hands on it.
It’s been given a striking makeover compared to the original PS5 controller, adding a black touchpad and buttons, but it’s what’s inside that really makes it stand out. The new DualSense Edge lets you customise individual buttons, including the triggers, which you can configure to be any other control.
You can also fine-tune the stick sensitivity and dead zones (the distance the stick moves before it’s recognised in-game) to have perfect control over your games. Then create different presets for each game and switch between them on the fly.
The DualSense Edge also comes with three swappable stick caps — standard, high dome and low dome — to help you stay comfortable while you play.
There are two new buttons underneath the sticks, but these sadly aren’t extra triggers. You’ll use the Fn buttons to easily adjust your settings.
And of course, the new DualSense Edge has all of the controller’s signature features like haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, motion controls and more.
“Designed to give you an edge in gameplay by allowing you to create custom controls, the DualSense Edge wireless controller invites you to craft your own unique gaming experience tailored to your playstyle,” said Hideaki Nishino, Sony’s senior vice president of Platform Experience said in a post on the PlayStation Blog.
The DualSense Edge doesn’t have a release date or price yet, but Sony says we’ll hear more about the controller in “the months ahead”.
Want more PlayStation and PS5 news and deals? Check out these stories:
- Where to Buy a PS5 in Australia Right Now
- Good News: It Just Got Way Easier to Buy a PS5
- The New PS5 Is Available In Australia Right Now and It’s Not as Expensive As You’d Expect
- Cost of Living Increases Have Come For the PS5: Here Are the New Australian Prices
- God of War: Ragnarok’s Side Quests Curb Stomped My Heart In the Best Way Possible
- Is The Last of Us Part 1 Actually Worth Buying? Yes, and Here’s Why
- Bask In the Beauty Of the DualSense Edge PS5 Pro Controller
- The 12 Best Games On the New PlayStation Plus
- Here Are the Australian Prices For the New PlayStation Plus
- Where to Buy the Colourful New PS5 Console Covers
- Sony Is Launching a Loyalty Program To Reward Gamers