In a History-Making Finale, The Winner of MasterChef Australia Has Been Crowned!
After weeks of delicious dishes, heartwarming moments and nail-biting pressure tests, MasterChef Australia has finally crowned its winner for 2022.
Given the title of ‘Favourites’, they competed alongside a host of new cooks called the ‘Fans’. It was intense, to say the least, and in the end, it was Favourites Billie McKay and Sarah Todd who entered the grand finale.
The finale was gripping, as both cooks were truly gifted. If Billie won, she would make MasterChef history as the first person to win the competition twice, and if Sarah won, she would have beat three previous winners and 20 other contestants on her way to the finish line.
After a tense two hours, it was Billie who took home the title and $250,000. It’s a massive achievement, and one that has never been done before.
Despite both women putting up a great fight, at the end of the day, there could only be one winner. The final score was 58 for Billie and 56 for Sarah.
While Sarah didn’t end up coming first place, she didn’t go home empty-handed. The cook received $30,000.
Billie first won the competition back in 2015, after going head-to-head with Georgia Barnes.
Want more MasterChef Australia goss? Click through the stories below:
- Everyone Who Has Said Goodbye to the MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites Kitchen
- A Comprehensive Guide on Marco Pierre White and His Beef With MasterChef Australia
- The Exact Lipstick Shades MasterChef Judge Melissa Leong Uses to Achieve a Bold Look
- All the Fabulous Outfits of MasterChef’s Melissa Leong This Season
- “I Didn’t Tell Anyone” Why Minoli Kept Her Cancer Diagnosis a Secret on MasterChef Australia
- After Winning MasterChef Australia in 2018, Sashi Said Goodbye to the Kitchen He Once Conquered
- 3-Star Michelin Chef Clare Smyth Is Returning to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Here’s How to Get Your Hands on Julie Goodwin’s Quirky Jewellery From MasterChef Australia
- Applications For MasterChef Australia 2023 Are Now Open — Here’s How to Apply
- Let’s Revisit John Carasig’s Infamous White Chocolate Veloute Incident on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Explains the Story Behind Her Name
- Max Krapivksy Applied For MasterChef Australia 3 Times Before He Finally Got In
- Everything There Is to Know About the Patisserie of Pain, Adriano Zumbo
- MasterChef’s Minoli Opens Up About Being Diagnosed With Breast Cancer For the Second Time
- We’ve Answered Your Most Pressing Question — What Time Is MasterChef Australia on Tonight?
- After Winning MasterChef Australia, Julie Goodwin Faced a Tough Few Years
- Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Cook Up a Storm on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Harry Tomlinson Is Going to Be Tough to Beat on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Michael Weldon Is Taking Care of Unfinished Business on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Christina Batista Is Bringing Her Portuguese Cooking to MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- John Carasig Is Ready For Another Relay Challenge on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Billie McKay Is Sharpening Her Knives For MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Mindy Woods Is Ready to Showcase Indigenous Food on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Alvin Quah Is Ready to Give It His All on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Aldo Ortado Is Back and Bringing the Heat to MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of MasterChef Australia Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- Tommy Pham Is Returning to the Kitchen for MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites