“MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
Get ready for a kitchen frenzy because “MasterChef Australia” is set to make it thrilling comeback with its 15th season, entitled “Secrets & Surprises”. Brace yourself, foodies, for a rollercoaster ride of delicious surprises that will have your mouth watering. The show is set to premiere soon, and you can catch all the culinary drama on 10 and 10Play as the home cooks take on a new challenge.
And as expected from “MasterChef Australia”, the contestants will have to impress some of the biggest names in the culinary world. In fact, the show’s first guest judge is none other than the globally acclaimed chef Jamie Oliver.
With just 18 home cooks vying for the top spot, the competition is intense, and the stakes are higher than ever. The winner will walk away with $250,000 of prize money and of course, the glory of being crowned 2023’s “MasterChef Australia” winner.
Before the showdown begins, let’s take a sneak peek at the Aussies who’ll be put to the test in the kitchen this year.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Larissa Sewell
Larissa Sewell’s grandparents sought refuge in Xinjiang, China during the Russian Revolution. From there, they shared the recipes and flavour profiles that they learned in their time there with Sewell. And in the years she spent in the US and South Korea, the “MasterChef Australia” contestant was able to acquire a greater knowledge of their cuisines.
She takes a lot of inspiration from her family’s excitement for food and thinks of her grandmother — or babushka as she’s usually referred to — each time she cooks. The Adelaide local can often be found cooking for 10 or more people most nights in the week.
Before taking a step back from working life to focus on raising her twin sons, Larissa Sewell was a corporate trainer and English tutor. Now that the boys are both nine-years-old, she has taken on the operation of a small fruit and vegetable co-op and launched a grazing platter business.
After the competition she dreams of opening a small cooking school, continue her travels and try her hand at food and culture writing.
Does Larissa have what it takes to win? Find 0ut on “MasterChef Australia” airing soon on 10 and 10Play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition