“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
“MasterChef Australia” is back with a bang for its 15th season, promising unexpected twists and turns in the kitchen. The much-loved judges, Jock Zonfrillo, Andy Allen, and Melissa Leong, return to the show.
The much-awaited show premieres soon on 10 and 10 Play. With a new season comes a new level of competition, and this season is no different. The show will be more challenging as a range of celebrity guest judges make appearances, starting with none other than the international superstar chef Jamie Oliver. Oliver will introduce some high-pressure challenges over two episodes, making his first return to the show in over a decade.
This season’s contestants will be pushed to their limits as they try to prove their mettle in the kitchen. With only 18 highly sought-after aprons available, the amateur cooks must bring their best culinary game to impress the judges and avoid elimination. The stakes are high, with a grand prize of $250,000 at the end of the season.
But before the competition starts to heat up, let’s take a look at the list of chefs who will be competing this year.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Mupedzi
Rue Mupedzi, a 29-year-old Oral Health Therapist from Western Australia, is ready to leave her mark in the “MasterChef” kitchen. Her passion for food began during her first fine-dining experience in Sydney back in 2014.
Despite her busy schedule, Rue managed to pursue her passion for baking by launching a successful macaron business in 2021.
Her determination and persistence shone through, as it took her 10 months to perfect her recipe. Rue’s love for food stems from her Zimbabwean culture, where it is seen as a way to bring people together. Her mother taught her the basics of cooking, and she has since built on that foundation with her vast collection of cookbooks.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition