“MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
“MasterChef Australia” is back with a bang in 2023 for its 15th season, “Secrets & Surprises”. The show promises to deliver an unpredictable culinary journey that will leave viewers hungry for more. It all kicks off soon and you can watch the home cooks battle it out on 10 and 10 Play.
Beloved judges, Jock Zonfrillo, Andy Allen, and Melissa Leong, are returning to the show to review the contestants’ culinary creations. And in true “Masterchef” fashion, the competitors will need to impress a few guest celebrity chefs. The first guest judge to grace the show is none other than the world-renowned chef, Jamie Oliver.
With only 18 white-aproned cooks on the show this year, the competition is fierce, and the stakes are high. The winner of “MasterChef Australia” will receive a grand prize of $250,000. The amateur chefs must bring their best game to the table and impress the judges to avoid elimination.
Before the competition starts, let’s take a look at the hopeful Aussies who will be competing this year. We’re prepared to be blown away by their skills and creativity.
32-year-old Ralph Kahango moved to Australia from Zimbabwe when he was just 17. Since then he’s done a Masters in Accounting and moved into the government sector to kick professional goals. But now, he’s decided to leave that behind for a chance to chase his passions in the “MasterChef Australia” kitchen.
Growing up in a big family, Kahango and his siblings cooked from a young age. Both his older sister and brother helped him to develop an understanding of flavours while his younger sister, pushed him to apply for “MasterChef” this year. In the wake of losing two brothers, he plans to honour their memory and his Zimbabwean heritage in the kitchen.
The now ex-auditor is inspired by Marco Pierre White and has honed his cooking style through studying cookbooks, YouTube videos and restaurant dish recreations. He does admit that baking could be a weakness but is prepared to sharpen his techniques throughout the competition. He also says he hopes to create a career out of his passion for food and maybe host a home cooking show along the way.
Tune into 10 and 10 Play to watch Ralph’s journey on “MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises”.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition